New Easy-Open bags – plus your chance to win!
It’s no secret the Thompson and Redwood mill has been producing nutritionally balanced horse feed to suit WA conditions for 33 years. Today, we’re breaking with tradition to reveal an innovation — a packaging refresh for the equine feed range, featuring new easy-open bags.
The attractive and modern 20kg bags feature a perforated strip which makes opening the bags a breeze, even in the dark! No more needing to know the “magic opening trick” or resorting to scissors or knives to cut the string.
Designed to help customers immediately recognise the perfect feed choice for their equines, the nine new bags include vibrant photographs of the kind of horses most likely to thrive on each feed.*
The bags will be rolled out gradually, with some stockists already selling Grower and Weaner pellets in the new packaging. And while we’re sure horse owners will be keen to test out the easy-opening feature, Thompson and Redwood’s Joanne Wallace explains that it may be a while before all the new bags reach the market.
“As we make all our feed daily to order, it will take time for all nine products in the equine range to get packaged in the new bags,” Joanne says. “Don’t worry though – any feed you buy in the old bags is just as fresh.”
The Equine Range
The Thompson and Redwood equine range offers nine different complete feeds to cater for every type of horse across all disciplines. All the horse feeds have been developed by our expert nutritionist team and are formulated to suit Western Australian soils and conditions.
• Horse Cubes: A high-fibre, complete feed to suit a range of workloads including polo and campdrafting. Also ideal for maintaining topline and condition in senior horses.
• Horse Pellets: A classic protein-rich feed to support high intensity workloads and the requirements of young horses. Contains superior calcium and phosphorus levels, coupled with Vitamin A, D and E, this versatile feed is highly digestible and palatable.
• Horse Muesli: A sweet mix of steam rolled grains for horses and ponies at all levels of training. Added canola oil and sunflower seeds for coat shine.
• Horse Grower Weaner Pellets: A superior quality feed for breeding mares, youngstock and commercial stud farms. Horse Grower Weaner pellets are nutritionally balanced and will keep mares in peak condition throughout pregnancy and lactation plus give foals necessary nutrients to maximise potential growth and reduce the impact of OCD.
Claytons Pellets: High fibre cool feed for horses and ponies in moderate work. Claytons Pellets are grain free, highly digestible and gentle on the stomach. They contain good levels of protein which will maintain weight whilst being low in sugar and starch.
• Hi Performance Muesli: A performance level nutritional feed to support muscle development and recovery whilst in full training. This sweet mix of steam rolled grains will maximise performance potential at elite levels.
• Might & Power Oat Free Muesli: Highly digestible energy source for sport horses working at high levels of intensity. All grains are slow cooked and steam rolled to improve nutrient digestion, ensuring energy is immediately available for work.
• Pony Cubes: The staple of the feed shed, Pony Cubes are a complete feed for ponies or horses in work. This highly palatable nutritious ration contains all essential daily nutrients to maintain health.
• Pony Maintenance Cubes: This low protein, high fibre feed is energy balanced for ponies and horses. It is a nutritionally balanced complete feed formulated to maintain body condition of animals at rest. It can also be used as a base feed to which other grains are added.
When you buy Thompson and Redwood horse feed products, you know you’re not only getting the freshest Western Australian ingredients, you’re also supporting our local farming communities.
If you’d like assistance with selecting the right feed for your horse, pony or equine operation, the Thompson and Redwood nutritional team can put together a free nutritional program just for you. Head here to request a personalised diet for your horse or pony.
To find your nearest Thompson & Redwood stockist please visit our Distributors page and enter your location.
Win a Three Month Supply of Thompson & Redwood Horse Feed
To celebrate the launch of our new easy-open equine bags, we’re giving away a Three Month Supply of horse feed! The lucky winner will be able to choose any combination of products from our equine feed range to keep one horse fed for a quarter of the year.
To enter, read our competition Terms and Conditions and complete the form below. Entries close Monday 1 October 2018.
*All horses are individuals. Your horse may require variations to the recommended feed – please ask us for a free custom feed program if you are unsure.